Santa Maria Elks Rodeo Parade–The Tradition Continues
The Parade has over 125 entries representing a cross section of our Community.
The Santa Maria Elks Rodeo Parade committee is looking forward to presenting 79th annual Elks Rodeo Parade. We wish to invite everybody to the Elks Rodeo Parade to be held Saturday, June 4th. Once again, boys and girls of all ages will line the route of the Parade to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine as we showcase the Community.
“United We Stand”
Sweepstakes Float – Best Overall Float
Grand Sweepstakes – Best Musical Unit
Exalted Ruler’s Trophy – Most Outstanding Equestrian Individual
Mayor’s Trophy – Best Community Entry
Bobby Acquistapace Memorial Trophy – Best Mounted Group
Chairman’s Choice – Best Youth Entry
Will be presented by 1:00 P.M. at the participants’ luncheon located in the Community Bank of Santa Maria parking lot.
1. All participants must be uniformed, costumed or appropriately attired.
2. Any entries consisting of advertising or expressing political, social, etc. viewpoints, will NOT be acceptable.
3. All entries in the parade must be approved by the Parade Committee. Any deviation from rules must be approved by the Parade Committee prior to their acceptance of the Parade Application.
4. Entry numbers must be placed on the right and left side of each entry.
5. All entries MUST be in specified place in assembly area by 8:00 A.M.
6. PARADE WILL START PROMPTLY AT 8:45 A.M.
7. The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants or entrants.
8. Forward motion must be maintained throughout the parade route.
9. Please carry an identification banner, if possible.
10. All entries must be Postmarked no later than May 16, 2022.
11. No entry is allowed in the Parade without having submitted a complete entry blank. A completed entry blank must be submitted for each entrant to be judged.
12. No Single Equestrian Riders under 9 years of age without lead line and responsible adult.
13. All float entries must be approved prior to acceptance.
14. Unit spacing must be maintained throughout the entire parade. If spacing exceeds 50 yards, points will be deducted for units not keeping an appropriate distance.
15. Violations subject to disqualification.
16. Participants are encouraged to wear pink to support breast cancer awareness.
One of the goals of the Parade is to celebrate the history and diversity of the Santa Maria Valley. Whether you like marching bands, decorated floats, antique cars or equestrian groups, the Parade has something for everyone. We do not charge an entry fee and the Parade is open to all who would like to participate. Our nationally recognized Rodeo provides four days of non-stop action for locals as well as guest from across the country.
The Elks Rodeo Queen contest allows local non-profits to raise funds for their organizations. In addition, the Golden Circle of Champions program raises thousands of dollars for distribution to local families facing cancer. Due to its success, this program has been adopted by PRCA Rodeos across the nation. As the cost of staging the Parade continues to increase, we rely on the support of our many Sponsors.
These Sponsors are our sole source of funds. As the date of the Parade grows nearer, we will be reaching out to past Sponsors as well as new supporters seeking help to fund the Parade. Any support you can offer will be deeply appreciated. The Parade is put on each year by an all-volunteer committee. I would like to thank all of the Volunteers that return year after year to help with the Parade. Many of our Volunteers have served for over 20 years. Without their help the Parade would not be possible. We look forward to a safe and successful Parade and invite all Members and their families to come out and have a good time!
See you at the Rodeo and Parade!