Saturday, September 4, 2021
Trophies To First, Ribbons To Second And Third In All Classifications
Santa Maria Elks Lodge No. 1538
Invites Your Participation In Their Annual Elks Rodeo Parade
Complete and return the Entry form today. Parade orders AND staging information will be sent to accepted entries at least 10 days prior to
the parade. Completed Entries must be received by August 13, 2021
Theme: Santa Maria Elks Rodeo “Experience It!”
Sweepstakes FLOAT Best Overall Float
Grand Sweepstakes Best Musical Unit
Exalted Ruler’s Trophy Most Outstanding Equestrian Individual
Mayor’s Trophy Best Community Entry
BOBBY ACQUISTAPACE MEMORIAL TROPHY Best Mounted Group
Chairman’s Choice Best Youth Entry
Will be presented by 1:00 P.M. at the participants’ luncheon located in the
Community Bank of Santa Maria parking lot.
1. All participants must be uniformed, costumed or appropriately attired.
2. Any entries consisting of advertising or expressing political, social, etc. viewpoints, will NOT
3. All entries in the parade must be approved by the Parade Committee. Any deviation from
rules must be approved by the Parade Committee prior to their acceptance of the Parade
4. Entry numbers must be placed on the right and left side of each entry.
5. All entries MUST be in specified place in assembly area by 8:00 A.M.
6. PARADE WILL START PROMPTLY AT 8:45 A.M.
7. The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants
8. Forward motion must be maintained throughout the parade route.
9. Please carry an identification banner, if possible.
10. All entries must be Postmarked no later than August 13, 2021.
11. No entry is allowed in the Parade without having submitted a complete entry blank.
A completed entry blank must be submitted for each entrant to be judged.
12. No Single Equestrian Riders under 9 years of age without lead line and responsible adult.
13. All float entries must be approved prior to acceptance.
14. Unit spacing must be maintained throughout the entire parade. If spacing exceeds 50 yards,
points will be deducted for units not keeping an appropriate distance.
15. Violations subject to disqualification.
16. Participants are encouraged to wear pink to support breast cancer awareness.
To All Parade Entries:
1) All entries must lend credit to the parade. In the past, entries were allowed to participate that showed little prior planning and no decorating and therefore did not lend credit to the parade.
2) Any use of the American Flag or Star & Stripes must follow proper Flag Etiquette. The Flag itself must be properly displayed and not be defaced or altered in any way.
3) Only entries that show effort and originality will be allowed to participate.
4) The classification of “Youth Organization” will not be allowed for any entry that could be otherwise considered a float.
5) Commercial vehicles used merely to advertise your business will NOT be accepted.
6) The classification of “Non-Judged Entry” will be reserved for dignitaries and special entries at the option of the Parade Committee. The fact that your entry chooses not to be judged is not the criteria for the classification.
7) If you have any questions, please call (805) 489-3841.
8) You will be notified that your entry has been received and accepted.
9) Information regarding line up positions and other parade events will be posted on our website as they become available.
10) Your position and lineup location will be mailed to you on or about August 25. Position numbers will be distributed at your lineup location on the day of the parade. Should you for some reason fail to receive a position location, please be on hand anyway, and when you arrive in Santa Maria, check in at the Elks Lodge where the Master Parade Sheet is located and you can find your position.
11) For last minute changes and parade information, visit us on the web at www.elksparade.com.
12) Please make your motel and hotel reservations as soon as possible so that you will not be inconvenienced.
13) Throwing of articles prohibited.
14) No liquor or beer of any kind will be allowed in the parade and anyone who violates this rule will be removed from the parade.
15) If you find you are unable to participate, please notify us immediately.
16) Entries must be completed and the release signed by the responsible party or the entry will be returned.
17) Any special requests regarding placement in the parade, type of entry to follow or be ahead of, etc. must be so stated on application. We will endeavor to comply with your request.
1) Floats should be self-propelled. If unit must be pulled, the pulling unit should be fully decorated.
2) All floats must have a detailed plan submitted prior to August 13 for acceptance by the float committee.
3) Decorated automobiles will not be accepted unless completely decorated and the automobile is being used solely to provide a frame or power unit for the float.
4) The float committee will be available to approve, review, and render assistance on any floats being considered.
5) Please design your float to add credit to our parade.
6) Floats may be no higher that 15 feet, due to the bridge over Broadway.
7) Commercial vehicles used merely to advertise your business will NOT be accepted.
8) You will be notified that your entry has been received and accepted.
To All Equestrians:
1) Stabling will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. Stabling is available ONLY for out of town
2) Stabling is available at the Santa Maria Fairpark for the weekend — Friday to Sunday.
3) First Bedding is provided and hay is available at Farm Supply.
4) Stabling assignments will be obtained at the Santa Maria Fairpark.
5) No Single Equestrian Riders under 9 years of age without lead line and responsible adult.
To Bands and Marching Units:
1) There will be 5 areas designated along the parade route where you will be required to play music. Actual judging will take place at Area “2”— about one-third of the way through the parade (the area is easily distinguishable by the bleachers and reviewing stand), and Area “3” (Santa Maria Inn). Television cameras will be at Area “3”. At each of the 5 areas the announcers will mark on their sheets if you have performed in their area.
2) There will be a sign indicating the judging area. Prior to the judging area (area 2) a “halt line” will not be provided for your line up. In the past, gaps have developed which have impeded the forward momentum of the parade and thus no halt line will be provided.
3) Each of the areas will be preceded by a half block by a sign stating “Area 1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5) Prepare to Play”. About half a block later there will be a sign stating “Area 1 — Playing Zone”.
4) Naturally, we hope you will play your instruments along the entire parade route but we particularly require playing in the 5 designated areas.
5) For Stabling Contact:
Angela (805) 925-8824 ext. 102
Santa Maria Fairpark
937 S. Thornburg
Santa Maria, CA 93458
To All Dignitaries:
1) The only dignitaries eligible to ride in motorized vehicles are incumbent Superior and Municipal Court judges, Incumbent Santa Barbara County Supervisors, Incumbent Santa Maria City Council Members, Incumbent State and National Representatives, and Special Invitees of Elks Recreation Inc., and Elks Lodge #1538.
2) We can only provide transportation for the Santa Barbara County Supervisors, Santa Maria City Council, State and National Representatives, and Special Invitees of Elks Recreation Inc., and Elks Lodge #1538.
3) Signs for Dignitaries will be furnished by the Parade Committee providing we have two weeks advance notice and it is so requested on the entry form.